Ark Lip Blok Straw MouthpieceOM-ARKLBSY
ARK's Lip Blok® mouthpieces are simple yet effective oral motor tools. They naturally exercise the mouth muscles to discourage tongue-thrusting, promote tongue retraction, and correct overall tongue positioning. They also prevent individuals from biting the straw or putting it too far into their mouths. Simply press them into the top of a straw, and drink.
Lip Bloks come in three different lengths – 3⁄4” - 18mm (yellow), 1⁄2” - 12mm (blue), and 1⁄4” - 6mm (turquoise). For the best results, start with the longest 3⁄4” - 18mm length. Once the individual becomes accustomed to that length, switch to the 1⁄2”, - 12mm and then finally to the 1⁄4” - 6mm. This hierarchy slowly teaches individuals to put less and less of the straw into their mouths. When only 1⁄4” - 6mm is inside the mouth, fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth where it is easier to manage and less likely to cause coughing or aspiration. With shorter lengths, you also get a better oral motor workout, as the tongue retracts more, the lips seal better, and the cheeks have more tension.
- Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
- Sold individually
- Compatible with most regular drinking straws (measuring .25" - (6mm) in diameter)
- The longer (18mm) bloks (Orange and Magenta), have a flexable mouthpiece with these you can gradually trim the mouthpiece, 6mm at a time, to increase the difficulty.
- Caution: Use of these products should be supervised at all times.