The internationally acclaimed Handwriting Without Tears Workshops use a fun, multi sensory, hands-on approach to child development in handwriting. It utilizes dynamic instruction in teaching methodology from preschool and writing readiness level up to writing and printing both uppercase and lowercase letters.
The HWT workshops provide powerful and practical ideas and materials for immediate use in the classroom or clinic setting. Participants describe these two leading edge workshops as the most affordable, dynamic and informative professional development available.
Millions of students all over the world use Handwriting Without Tears. This easy-to-teach, easy-to-learn curriculum makes handwriting mastery joyful for students and their Instructors, teachers, therapist, caregivers, parents.
Current research demonstrates that writing by hand improves creative writing skills and fine motor abilities.
Come along and learn just how easy it is to help children get great results in school. In fact elementary students have been found to write faster by hand than when keyboarding.
All participants will leave with simple, ready to use strategies for the child they support.
Day 1 - Early Bird Rate - $590 (expired) Full Rate - $690
Pre-K / 2nd Grade Workshop - CPD 6 Hours
$220 worth of product included in your purchase!
Plus all meals catered for!
Pre-K Readiness & Writing Workshop (3 Hours)
The award-winning Get Set for School® Pre-K curriculum uses lively music and playful activities to help young children build a solid foundation for school success.
This upbeat workshop introduces a readiness curriculum full of developmentally appropriate activities that teach children about letters, body awareness, numbers, sequencing, and sharing in a fun, engaging, and informal manner.
The Get Set for School Pre-K Readiness & Writing Workshop is an introductory level class.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness and to foster important social-emotional skills in a developmentally appropriate way
- Use hands-on, multisensory activities to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing and sensory motor skills
- Use multisensory activities and music to teach pre-writing, sensory motor, and colouring skills, while building habits for letter and number formation and lowercase letter recognition • Use My First School Book to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their name.
8:00 – 8:45am Registration: Materials & handouts
9:00 Get Set for School: The importance of a hands-on multisensory readiness curriculum to prepare children for school success
Pre-K Readiness: Social skills and the developmental stages of writing, hand skills, and crayon grip Drawing: Mat Man®, shapes, music, and demonstration
Hands-on materials, My First School Book, capital and lowercase letter recognition Colours and Colouring:
Crayon skills, developmental progression from scribbling to colouring and drawing Pre-Writing:
Wood Piece Play for capitals, multisensory activities for capitals Writing:
Developmental teaching order, trace capital letters, write names, number skills, and formation Review and Resources:
Review what you have learned, check readiness, additional resources for continued learning
12:00 - Adjourn - Lunch
Print (Transitional Kindergarten-2nd Grade) Handwriting Workshop (3 Hours)
Our comprehensive, easy-to-use curriculum uses engaging multisensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities. We use a fun hands-on approach to develop good skills and teach correct letter formation.
The Print Handwriting Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from transitional kindergarten through 2nd Grade. Includes an introduction to the developmental progression of written production skills, from handwriting to keyboarding!
It is an intermediate level class. Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Implement, teach, and remediate handwriting using effective, step-by-step lesson plans that incorporate active teaching, multisensory strategies, and differentiated instruction
- Promote independent writing skills beyond handwriting workbook instruction
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears unique instructional approach, stages of learning, and our two handwriting assessments (the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool®)
- Navigate the Handwriting Without Tears digital teaching technology and hands-on resources to facilitate engaging lessons
1:00 - Getting Started:
The Handwriting Process Foundation Skills:
Readiness, Posture/Paper/Pencil Grip Multisensory Learning Printing: Capitals and Lowercase letters, Numbers, and Words
Sentence Writing, Line Generalization Writing Activities,
Understanding a Writing Lesson, Remediation Independent Writing Skills:
Building Writers, scaffolding writing practice
Resources: myLWT, The Screener of Handwriting Proficiency
4:30 - Adjourn
Day 1 and Day 2 Both Workshops - Early Bird Rate - $980 Full Rate - $1180
Products included for day 1 and day 2 valued at $420
** Early Bird Rates cease one month prior to event
Venue Bayview Eden Melbourne