HWT 2nd Grade Building WritersHWT-2GBW
Building Writers offers extra practice for writing skills development. It's easy to incorporate into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs.
Through Building Writers, students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
Building Writers Second grade students practice three writing styles:
Narrative: Students write stories in logical order with detail, action, and emotion, and provide an ending/closure
Information: Write an introduction about their topic, facts to explain the topic, and a conclusion
Opinion: Students learn to clearly state their opinion in a topic sentence, provide reasons to support their opinion, and write a conclusion