By Lori Ernsperger, Ph.D., and Tania Stegen-Hanson, OTR/L
Does your child refuse to eat foods from a specific food group?
Does your dinner table turn into a battle ground during mealtimes?
Are you working with a student who is anxious or scared of eating new foods?
If your answer is yes, then Just Take A Bite is the perfect resource with easy, effective answers to these troubling questions. This long-awaited book is written for parents and professionals working with children with food aversions and eating challenges.
Dr. Lori Ernsperger and Ms. Tania Stegen-Hanson provide clear and concise strategies and practical lessons for assisting children in eating a balanced diet. This valuable resource contains a comprehensive treatment plan for solving mealtime struggles.
Just Take A Bite clearly explains:
- Characteristics and criteria of a resistant eater
- Typical oral motor development and the stages of eating
- How sensory integration dysfunction can compromise the child’s performance at mealtimes
- Factors contributing to resistant eaters
- Specific oral-motor activities
- A comprehensive treatment plan
- Fundamentals of how to create positive mealtime environments
- Sensory lesson plans for exploring new foods