HWT 1st Grade Building WritersHWT-1GBW
Building Writers offers extra practice for writing skills development. It's easy to incorporate into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs.
Through Building Writers, students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
Building Writers First grade students practice three styles of writing:
Narrative: Write a story in order with details and an ending
Information: Write topic sentences, facts about their topic, and an ending
Opinion: Write an introduction that states their opinion, reasons that support their opinion, and a conclusion